Tuesday, March 11, 2014

C4T Rotating

Post #1 


For my first post I was assigned to this blog. There wasn't a lot to look at this week. Apparently Mr. Bennett is doing a conference this week on Flipped Learning. I wasn't real familiar with flipped learning so I decided to Google it! Yay for Google! This is the page that gave me the most information. So -- EDM is a flipped classroom! I should have known!

This blog was mostly about creating a logo for the bloggers conference this weekend. I did find his instruction interesting and I am going to go back and look at a few of his methods. I think the way he created the text was pretty incredible. So here it is!

orange flip flops with flip written on one shoe and flop written on the other

Pretty cool! I love how the words have texture to them. Something I can't seem to master - which is why I plan on taking a closer look at his tutorial! 

Post #2

This week I was privileged to Beth Still's Budding Art Project. She recently posted about some art supplies through DonorsChoose. It seems that the students really enjoyed working on art projects along with their other work. Ms. Still points out that she learned  more about her students while they were working on their art than she had learned during their regular lessons. 
I had some difficulty posting to her page so I am not sure that my comments ever posted. But I commented that I had found that even high school students open up while doing art related projects. 

What a great week!

Post #3

Oh this weeks assignment made me long for days of yore. Well --- it did make me take a side trip down memory lane. I was assigned Primary Tech for my teacher blog this week. Mrs. Kathleen Morris is on maternity leave after giving birth to her child. I praised her for being willing to take on the challenge of staying at home with a child. I know that it is important for the parents to create a bond with their children. It reminded me of the hard choices we made when I gave birth to my first (and only) child. 

Ahh... but her post was about more than motherhood (but that is what I took my side the trip on!). Her post was about staying in touch with education changes while she is on hiatus. I believe that what she is doing is considered life-long-learning! This is what we - as teachers/educators - are supposed to be. We are not supposed to stop learning about our job just because we have finished our degree. We are supposed to build on our knowledge and grow in our knowledge so that  we can better teach others! 

Her post was great and I hope you take a  moment to read it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment