Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blog Post # 8 Anthony Capps Q&A

Considering that I know exactly who Anthony is I didn't feel that the video was needed. I really enjoyed the audio because I was able to listen while I was working out!

I found Anthony's discussion of PBLs (Project Based Learning) very interesting. I also loved his incorporation of Rosetta Stone. Maybe the language aspect interested me more because I want to be an ESOL teacher. I do not speak another language - so having students use Rosetta Stone that are not English speakers seems to be a fantastic idea. I wonder if Mobile County uses any form of this. It would seem to be a no-brainer; however Mobile doesn't always do the most logical thing.

Maybe the PBL discussion wasn't as interesting to me because it is something that I was already taught to incorporate in my lessons. Most of your schools will now require at least one presentation or research item every semester. This is the perfect opportunity to include a PBL. As an English teacher we have a digital project that is due each semester (or at least it is in middle school).

Anthony's look at "How I can be a better instructor" was very informative. I liked that he said that his kids love PBL. I think most kids would love PBL. It is a hands on learning experience. He notices a difference in his students when they are not doing or working on a PBL.

All I can say is WOW! Really WOW!


2 comments:

  1. "...however Mobile doesn't always do the most logical thing." :) No comment needed by me!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I made this post -- I knew you would concur!

      Delete