Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Book Review

I really struggled with this book review. I recorded it 6 times. I thought I had recorded it at home on Sunday. I had not. I have traveled to the beach to be with my daughter this week and when I went to upload it - it was NO WHERE to be found. I immediately started recording again. Only to realize that I didn't have my "script" with me. So -- I had to write another one. This time without the book to remind me. But wait -- there's more! I also did not have a printer to print out my script. Therefore I had to read from my screen while recording. ARGH! To top it all off -- there is a room full of partying teenagers in the other room! So -- I am apologizing in advance for any background noise and I am wishing that I could locate the video from Sunday!

So -- here goes my video!


2 comments:

  1. Gina! Job well done! Especially considering your circumstances. I wouldn't have known there was a problem at all if you hadn't told me. I found this book very inspiring and practical as well. Often times, I've read books aimed at teachers as the audience, and I've been left wondering, "...but how?" Not with this book, Prensky does an excellent job of detailing his method to the point that I feel like I could go into a classroom and confidently begin "partnering" with students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best test of all. What do you remember, what did you find important, how did you incorporate the book into your life as a teacher. You can quote from p. 85 without the book? Wow!

    Very well done. It must have been the teenagers! :)

    ReplyDelete